Veal and Mushrooms
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large Bermuda onion, chopped (about 2 cups chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 pounds boneless veal shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 cups crushed plum tomatoes (recommended: San Marzano)
- 1 pint chicken stock or broth
- Black pepper
Melt butter in a 6-quart stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent. Meanwhile, dredge veal cubes in flour, discarding any extra flour. When onions are translucent, add the veal to the stockpot and cook until lightly browned. Add mushrooms, parsley, crushed tomatoes, and chicken stock. Simmer for approximately 45 minutes, or until meat is fork-tender. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.