- 6 (1inch) thick veal chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 bunch fresh sage, leaves only, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 large shallots, finely diced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
Preheat grill or broiler. Season chops to taste with salt and pepper. When coals have cooled down, grill 8 to 10 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl to make a vinaigrette. Taste and adjust seasonings, and spoon over warm chops. Serve immediately.