- 2 thin slices of veal (Leg cut)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- Sprig fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Beat veal slices until very thin - remove sinew from side if meat. Place 1/4 cup of olive oil into a heated pan, add the veal slices seasoned with salt and pepper and then lower heat under pan and lightly fry on both sides. Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a separate pan on the heat and add the garlic, fry gently and then add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and add oregano. Reduce heat and cook slowly for a few minutes. Add the meat juices to the tomato sauce and the Worcestershire sauce. Place a slice of mozzarella cheese on each veal slice and using a perforated spoon place the tomatoes and some of the sauce over the veal. Cover and allow to simmer 5 minutes. Place the remaining sauce through a sieve. Add the parsley. Place the veal on a serving dish and powder heavily with Parmesan cheese and place under the broiler for 2 minutes to brown. Serve sauce separately in a sauceboat.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.