Vegan Pear Tart
- 1/2 recipe Canola Oil Pie Dough
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 large pears, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Roll out canola oil dough into a rectangle (it doesn't have to be perfect) and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar, set aside. In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon-sugar mixture, along with flour and salt - stir to combine. Add pears and almond extract, if using and toss well to coat the pears. Arrange pears in a single layer on the dough, leaving a 1/2 -inch border. Gently fold in the dough on each side of the tart, slightly covering the edges of the pears. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar and bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature. Top each serving with an additional sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.