Vegetable Couscous Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Coarse grained salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 yellow squash, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 pound mushrooms, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and diced, or 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 (19-ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 cups couscous, prepared according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes and drained
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and saute until softened, approximately 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add thyme, zucchini, squash, and mushrooms. Saute for 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and stir. Add tomatoes, stock, and garbanzo beans. Let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Add more stock if dry. Add 1/4 cup parsley, red wine vinegar, and basil. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Add the raisins and remaining parsley to the prepared couscous, and stir to combine. Plate couscous and spoon stew over the top.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.