Vegetarian Stir Fry Grilled Pizza
- PIZZA DOUGH (Can be used for both grilled and baked pizzas)
- 1 package yeast or 2 teaspoons fresh yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- The following recipes are good for 2 pizzas.
- VEGETARIAN STIR FRY GRILLED PIZZA
- Canola oil to cook
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 large red onions
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced yellow zucchini
- 1 cup sliced green zucchini
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Thai basil chiffonade
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
In a small bowl, mix yeast, sugar, salt and 1/4 cup warm water. Let stand 5 minutes until foamy. In a mixer with a dough hook, mix flour and five spice powder. While mixer is running, slowly pour in yeast mixture, oils and the rest of the water; knead on low speed for 8 to 10 minutes. Stop mixer when the dough forms a smooth and firm ball. Divide dough into 6 balls and place on sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Cover with a cloth and place in a warm part of the kitchen; let balls double in size, about 2 hours. Working on a floured surface with floured hands, take one ball and spread out with your fingers to about 5 inches in diameter. Take a floured rolling pin and roll out to a little less than a 1/4-inch thick. The final diameter will be 8 to 10 inches. On a low grill, brush on a little canola oil and mark one side. Brush oil on the raw side and flip. Immediately place toppings and cover with a lid to help retain the heat and assist the cheese melting process. Carefully watch the pizza. If the grill is too hot, the bottom will burn before the pizza is ready. If this occurs, you can place the pizza on a tray and use the broiler of an oven to finish the melting.
In a hot wok coated with oil, stir-fry garlic, ginger and onions. Season with salt and pepper and cook until onions are caramelized. Add mushrooms and zucchini and stir-fry until soft. Check for seasoning. Place filling on top of a grilled pizza dough. Cover with tomato slices and basil. Cover with cheese.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.