Vegetarian Stirfry, Usa Style
- 8 ounces firm tofu, weighted down or use 8 ounces boned skinless cubed chicken
- Pinch allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Generous tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups broccoli florets only, parboiled for 1 minute
In a separate bowl mix the ketchup, sherry wine, Worcestershire, brown sugar and cornstarch.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large deep skillet over high heat.
When hot add the mushrooms and stirfry for a minute to begin to soften. Add the garlic and stir fry for a few seconds or until fragrant. Add the tofu and broccoli and stir fry for a couple of minutes or until heated through. Stir in the sauce and simmer for 30 seconds. Season and serve at once over rice or orzo pasta.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Belgian-Style Waffles with Black Pepper Candied Bacon, Pecan Butter and Cane Syrup, Spaghetti in the Style of the Cart Driver---Spaghetti alla Carrettiere, Appleberry-Peach Strudel-Style Pastry, Appetizer Recipes , Asian, Spanish Rice Recipes, Roasted Vegetable Recipes, Easy Shrimp, Easy Casserole