Vegetarian Summer Roll (Rice Paper Wrap)
- 2 limes, juiced
- Segments of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves, whole
- 1/2 pound bean sprouts, hair removed
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sized carrot, peeled, julienned
- 1 small package smoked tofu or tempeh, julienned
- 1 package rice papers, 10 to 12 inches diameter, rehydrated
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
In a bowl whisk together juice, lime, mustard and sugar. Whisk in the oil and season. Toss with all the vegetables and tofu. Check for seasoning. Lay out 1 wrapper and place a small mound of mix near the bottom. Roll bottom towards the middle. Fold in both sides and continue rolling. Finish roll and let rest. Individually wrap each roll with plastic wrap. Will hold for 2 hours in the fridge. Remove wrap, slice on the bias and serve on top of extra salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.