"Victory is Sweet" Potato Salad
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard (recommended: Bone Suckin')
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 8 ounces fresh green beans
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons smoked jalapeno almonds
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Preheat a grill to medium.
Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into 1-inch slices. Grill over medium coals until just tender, about 10 minutes. Cut into large julienne strips and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl add the tarragon vinegar, mustard and sugar and whisk to blend. Slowly drizzle in the canola oil and whisk until emulsified. Add the chopped tarragon and the onion.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add the green beans and blanch for 20 seconds. Transfer them to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking, then drain. In large bowl add the sweet potatoes and the green beans. Pour in the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and transfer the salad to a serving platter. Top with blue cheese and almonds and serve.
Recipe courtesy Team Tundra