Vidalia Onion and Lump Blue Crab Salad
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 medium Vidalia or other sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled. seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium yellow tomato, diced
- 1 pound fresh lump blue crabmeat, picked clean of shells
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 large basil leaves, chopped
- Lettuce, for serving, optional
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the Vidalia onion and cucumber. Marinate for 1 to 2 hours at room temperature.
To the bowl, add the tomatoes, crabmeat, olive oil, green onions, and basil. Toss gently. Serve on a bed of lettuce or drain slightly and serve "naked".