Vidalia Onion and Lump Blue Crab Salad
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 medium Vidalia or other sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled. seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium yellow tomato, diced
- 1 pound fresh lump blue crabmeat, picked clean of shells
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 large basil leaves, chopped
- Lettuce, for serving, optional
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the Vidalia onion and cucumber. Marinate for 1 to 2 hours at room temperature.
To the bowl, add the tomatoes, crabmeat, olive oil, green onions, and basil. Toss gently. Serve on a bed of lettuce or drain slightly and serve "naked".
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Baby Romaine Stuffed Vidalia Onion Ring Salad with Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette, Crab Salad with Orange and Oregano on Grilled Sourdough, Red and Blue Cheese Salad, Tuna Salad Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes, Salmon Salad Recipes