Virginia Ham and Cheese Balls
- 8 ounces ground or finely chopped country ham
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 3 pinches dry mustard powder
- 8 ounces unsalted Virginia peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 maraschino cherry half
- Assorted crackers, for serving
In a large bowl, combine ground ham, cream cheese, hot sauce and mustard until well blended. Roll into a ball and then roll in chopped peanuts. Garnish with cherry on top of ball. Serve on cheeseboard with crackers.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Sidney Padow of Padow's Ham Deli