Wagyu Tartar with Spicy Mayo, Caviar & Garnishes
- Total Time:
- 35 min
- 35 min
- 2 ounces Wagyu beef tenderloin, finely chopped
- 3 cherry tomatoes cut in fourths
- 1 jalapeno sliced thin, no seeds
- 1 small red onion, shaved julienne
- 1 mango, small dice
- 1 Asian pear, small dice
- 1/2 ounce caviar
- 1/2 ounce Mascarpone Cheese
- Micro cilantro to garnish
- Spicy mayo:
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (Tobanjan)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Sugarcane slice into 1 inch thin "paddles"
Combine ingredients for the spicy mayo.
For the beef, chop the tenderloin as fine as possible, season with salt and pepper, add 1 tablespoon spicy mayo to taste. Mold this mixture onto a serving plate and garnish with tomatoes, a few slices of jalapeno, shaved red onion, mango, and pear, a small quenelle of caviar and mascarpone, and micro cilantro. Use the sugarcane "paddles" as a scoop.
** For more information about eating raw beef please visit the USDA Web site.
Recipe courtesy Masaharu Morimoto