Walnut Bread Crostini with Sauteed Pear, Prosciutto, Gorgonzola Cheese and a Balsamic-Port Reduction
- 1 loaf walnut bread, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices and then cut into bite size squares
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing bread
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4's and then sliced into ?-inch slices
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 ounces gorgonzola cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the bread on a cookie sheet, brush with olive oil and bake until lightly golden brown.
In a saute pan on medium heat, saute the pears in olive oil for 1 minute just to soften them. Season the pears with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a small saucepan or skillet on medium-high heat reduce the vinegar and port to 1/4 of its original volume. Pour into a small bowl and let cool. It will thicken as it cools.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.