1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Slice baguette into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 16 slices). Arrange bread slices on baking sheet; brush tops with oil. Bake 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven to cooling rack.
3. In medium bowl combine walnuts, cheese, cranberries and onion.
4. Spoon 2 tablespoons walnut mixture over toasted bread slices; return to oven. Bake additional 3 to 5 minutes until cheese begins to melt.
5. Remove from oven; transfer to serving platter. Serve immediately.