Walnut-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
Recipe courtesy of Fisher® Nuts
"I always like to serve something elegant and simple like this for the holidays. Steak is such a crowd pleaser and with the souped-up version[ topped with a tasty walnut crust, it's a holiday winner..." -Alex Guarnaschelli]
- 1 cup Fisher® Walnut, chopped
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 beef tenderloin*, trimmed, about 4 lbs.
- *You can also substitute beef round top (roast beef) for the tenderloin
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Combine nuts, bread crumbs, olive oil, garlic, zest, rosemary and salt in a medium bowl. Place tenderloin onto a roasting pan. Tuck under small end to allow for more even cooking. Press topping firmly onto top and sides of tenderloin. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135°F on a meat thermometer for medium. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.