Wangs 'n' Heat
- 16 jumbo wangs ( chicken wings)
- 1/4 cup hot sauce of your choice
- 1/4 cup peanut oil, plus more for frying
- 6 dried ghost chile peppers, boiled and then pureed
- 3 fresh habaneros, pureed
- 3 cloves garlic, pureed
- Sriracha sauce
- Jamaican seasoning (ground scotch bonnet peppers, paprika, coriander, cinnamon)
- Blue Cheese-Chipotle-Ghost Pepper Sauce:
- 8 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 4 dried chipotle peppers, reconstituted and pureed
- 4 fresh ghost chile peppers, pureed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the wings: Marinate the wings overnight in the refrigerator in the hot sauce, peanut oil and pureed chiles and garlic.
Pour enough peanut oil in a large frying pan to float the wings in. Heat to 350 degrees F. Deep fry the wings for 15 minutes.
Mix the Sriracha and Jamaican jerk seasoning to taste to make a sauce. Toss the wings in the sauce.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Chef Keith "Button" Hicks