Warm Brown Rice Salad
- 2 3/4 cups salted water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 3 tablespoons each vegetable and olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons rice or Champagne vinegar
- Touch of Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups thawed frozen "petite" peas
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
Bring water to a boil, add brown rice, cover and cook over very low heat for 30 minutes. Check the brown rice; if not tender, cook for 5 minutes longer. Drain and spread the rice out in a shallow bowl to cool somewhat.
While rice is cooking in the bottom of a mixing bowl combine the oils, vinegar, mustard and season to taste with salt and pepper.
When chicken is done, combine the rice, peas, basil and parsley and adjust the seasoning.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Portuguese Rice and Salt Cod Salad, Edamame-Rice Salad with Teriyaki Tuna, Warm Octopus and Sweet Onion Salad with Fresh Basil and Lemon Vinaigrette, Green Bean Salad Recipes, Lobster Salad Recipes, Salad Dressing, Spinach Salad Recipes, Spanish Rice Recipes, Shrimp Salad Recipes