- 1 large or 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt, plus more for serving
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the shallots, vinegar, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the shallots and garlic to mellow.
In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add the chickpeas and blanch for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain.
Add the carrot, parsley, and oil to the shallot mixture. Toss in the chickpeas and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
Calories 365; Total Fat 21 g; (Sat Fat 2.5 g, Mono Fat 14 g, Poly Fat 3.5 g) ; Protein 11 g; Carb 35 g; Fiber 9 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 370 mg