Warm Chocolate Brioche Pudding
- For the pudding:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup
- 5 egg yolks
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces (327 grams) bittersweet chocolate
- 4 cups diced brioche or Pullman loaf
- Whipped cream, as an accompaniment
- Chocolate Sauce, recipe follows
- Fresh raspberries, as an accompaniment
- Mint sprigs, as an accompaniment
- Chocolate Sauce:
- 3/4 cup (175 grams) water
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) cocoa powder
DirectionsFor the pudding:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
To make the pudding: In a saucepan add the milk, vanilla, and a 1/4 cup sugar. Heat until just boiling. In a bowl mix yolks, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and salt. Add cream to yolk mixture when cream mixture has reached a boil.
Meanwhile, heat the chocolate in a double-boiler until melted. Place melted chocolate in a large bowl and add warm cream. Mix in diced brioche.
Pour the mixture into 8 (4-ounce) ramekins coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
Unmold and serve warm with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and fresh raspberries and mint sprigs.Chocolate Sauce:
Combine water, cream, sugar, and cocoa in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to a simmer. Let mixture simmer until liquids thicken. Pass through a fine mesh sieve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.