Warm Corn and Shiitake Frisee Salad
- 2 tablespoons pommery mustard, whole grain
- 2 large shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups sliced shiitakes
- 4 ears corn, shucked and corn taken off of the cob
- 2 small heads frisee, picked and washed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a tall cup (using a hand blender) or blender cup, add mustard, shallots, soy and vinegar. Blend and drizzle in 1 cup of oil to emulsify. Season with pepper and a little salt. Check for seasoning. Set aside at room temperature. Using a hot non-stick pan, coat with remaining oil and saute garlic for 2 minutes. Add shiitakes and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add corn and saute for 3 minutes. Deglaze with vinaigrette and just heat. In a large bowl, place frisee and pour hot vinaigrette over. Mix well and serve immediately.
PLATING Place in a large salad bowl and garnish with fresh cracked black pepper.