Warm Indian Rice Pudding
- 1 cup short grain Indian or Italian (Arborio) rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 to 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup raw cashews or shelled pistachios, chopped fine
- Seeds from 4 cardamom pods
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
In a saucepan combine the rice and water, bring to a boil, stirring, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Add 2 cups of the milk, the sugar, raisins, cashews or pistachios, cardamom seeds, and cinnamon, and simmer, stirring often, for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until rice is tender and mixture creamy. Add additional milk if necessary. Pudding may also be served chilled.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.