Warm Lentil Salad
- 1 cup red lentils, picked over and washed
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup each finely diced radish, red, yellow and green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup mustard vinaigrette
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
Bring the broth to a boil. Add the lentils and bring them back to a boil. again. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered just until the color of lentils changes, about 6 or 7 minutes only.
If there is excess water, then drain it. Transfer the lentils to a bowl and add the diced radish, and differently colored bell peppers. When at room temperature, but still somewhat warm, dress with vinaigrette and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Right before serving, toss with the parsley and serve as a bed for the chili scallops.
Recipe Courtesy of �Michelle Urvater
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri