Warm Shrimp and Orange Salad
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, cut into thin slices
- 8 ounces calamari cut into rings
- 8 ounces (net) peeled and deveined shrimp, cut in half, along the vein line
- 1/2 cup cooked Great Northern beans (if canned, get from health food store)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (4-ounce) cans smoked mussels
- 2 navel oranges, cut into supremes
- 4 cups mixed greens such as frisee, bibb, red leaf lettuce washed, dried and torn into pieces lightly dressed with olive oil and sherry wine vinegar
Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the garlic, calamari and shrimp and saute for 1 minute. Add the beans and saute for a minute. Add the vinegar and immediately remove the skillet from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the smoked mussels and oranges and toss. Set on a bed of mixed greens and serve at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.