- 2 cups packed fresh basil, blanched
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf fresh Italian hard-crusted bread, sliced in half and into 6 sections
- 1 clove roasted garlic
- 12 ounces water buffalo mozzarella, sliced into 6 pieces
- 1 large tomato, sliced into 6 pieces
Heat large cast iron pan over medium high heat until very hot. Butter outside of sandwiches on both sides. Place 3 sandwiches at a time in pan and cover with another cast iron pan. Cook until brown. Turn over and brown other side. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.