- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 large bunches watercress, stems removed, leaves washed and well dried
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Tear watercress into bite-sized pieces and toss with dressing. Divide salad among 6 serving plates. Thinly slice avocado halves into strips lengthwise. Garnish center of each salad with avocado and serve.