Watercress and Seafood Salad
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 8 to 10 medium-sized shrimp, peeled, deveined and cleaned
- 6 to 8 ounces frozen or fresh squid cleaned and sliced into tubes
- 5 ounces mussels
- 2 bunches of watercress, rinsed and cleaned, 1/2-inch of stems snipped off
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tomatoes concasse or cut into strips
- 6 ounces bean sprouts, mung or soy
- 2 ounces chervil
- 1/2 bunch of chives cut into 1-inch sticks
- 2 to 3 ounces champagne vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 to 3 ounces feta cheese for garnish
In a hot saute pan add oil, garlic and shrimp and saute for approximately 1 minute. Add squid and mussels and simmer until mussels open. Do not allow shrimp to overcook. Season with salt and pepper. Remove shrimp if mussels are not open. Remove seafood with slotted spoon and reserve. Reduce remaining liquid to nape. Add 1 bunch watercress and deglaze with soy sauce.
Plate watercress on plates and garnish with seafood around and on top. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.