Watercress Sesame Salad
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup snow peas, blanched (optional)
- Grilled salmon (optional)
Discard coarse stems from watercress and put watercress in a bowl. Lightly toast sesame seeds. In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, oils, and salt and pepper to taste until dressing is combined well. Drizzle dressing over watercress and toss with 2 teaspoons sesame seeds. Add snow peas and flaked salmon.
Serve salad sprinkled with remaining teaspoon sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine