- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2/3 cup ale
- 10 ounces extrasharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 drops Tabasco pepper sauce
- 12 English muffin halves, toasted
- 6 slices bacon, cooked to crispy
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, add the flour and whisk to make a roux. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the ale and boil the mixture for 3 minutes while whisking. Reduce heat to low, add the Cheddar cheese, mustard, Worcestershire, and Tabasco pepper sauce, and cook, stirring, until hot but not boiling.
Spoon the Cheddar mixture over the toasted muffins, garnish with parsley and serve with crispy bacon.