When Pigs Fly Po-Boys
- 4 (1 to 1 1/4 pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 1 quart apple cider
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 ounces salt
- 2 ounces pork magic seasoning
- 2 ounces Creole mustard
- 4 pieces (2 feet long) aluminum foil
- 3 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 3 large onions, sliced into 1-inch rounds
- 4 ounces red cabbage, shredded
- 4 ounces green cabbage, shredded
- 2 ounces Vidalia onion dressing
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 8 ounces butter
- 2 ounces Haco Swiss Fond Lis (brown gravy)
- 1 quart water
- 6 French bread pistolettes, halved
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Clean the pork tenderloins of all fat.
Rub the tenderloins with Creole mustard and pork seasoning. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat a charcoal grill to 350 degrees F.
Grill the pork tenderloins until well done, about 5 to 8 minutes on each side. Remove the tenderloins from the grill and wrap in aluminum foil. Keep warm.
Pull the pork tenderloins into strips and add them to onions. Stir over low heat until the pork is heated through.
Put the pork and onions in the pistolettes and drizzle with the Fon de Lis mixture. Serve warm garnished with cabbage slaw.