White Bean, Cheddar and Bacon Dip
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground toasted cumin, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (19-ounce) can white beans, such as cannellini, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup sour cream or yogurt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and cayenne, to taste
- Assorted raw vegetables, such as carrot sticks, broccoli florets,
- Bell pepper strips, etc. and/or tortilla chips as accompaniments
In a skillet cook the bacon over moderate heat, until crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towel and pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat. Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add cumin and chili powder and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add beans and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
Transfer dip to a serving bowl and garnish with the bacon, crumbled.
Serve with crudites and/or tortilla chips.
Recipe courtesy of Georgia Downard
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray