White Bean Salad
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (use any canned bean you like)
- 1 large rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse grained salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, hand torn
Place beans, celery, red pepper, vinegar, and oil in a medium bowl. Toss until well combined. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Add basil and serve immediately.
Morph: For a super quick white bean dip: puree the salad in a food processor or blender, add 1 or 2 dashes of hot sauce and serve on crackers or grilled bread.
Recipe courtesy Kathleen Daelemans
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen