White Gazpacho with Melon, Grapes, and Almonds
- 3/4 cup almonds, blanched and peeled
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 small honeydew or Sharlyn melons, peeled, seeded and cut into large pieces (6 to 7 cups melon chunks)
- Ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted and julienned
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- Creme fraiche
Put the blanched almonds in a blender with 1/4 cup of the lemon juice. Puree until totally smooth, then add the bread and melon and puree again. You will most likely need to puree the melon in batches. After pureeing one batch, pour out all but one cup of the liquid and then add the next batch. Season well with salt and white pepper. If the soup needs more acid, add the remaining lemon juice. If the soup is too thick, you can add a little water, but if the melons are really ripe, this shouldn't be a problem. Serve slightly chilled. Garnish with toasted almonds, grapes, and a swirl of creme fraiche.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.