Whole Crispy Onaga and Thai Dipping Sauce
- 2 pounds onaga, scaled, gilled and gutted
- Salt, pepper and paprika, to taste
- Thai Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 4 tablespoons water
- Sugar, to taste
- 1/8 cup patis (fish sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 2 sprigs cilantro
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine salt, pepper, paprika and corn starch. Coat fish with seasoned mixture.
In a hot wok with hot oil, fry both sides of fish until crispy. Place fish in oven for 3 to 5 minutes until fish is cooked through.
Start with citrus juices, water and sugar. Combine and make like lemonade then add patis, garlic, chili flakes, cilantro to taste. "Sweet and tart".
Recipe courtesy of Tidepools, Kauai, HI