Whole Grilled Snapper with Tomatoes, Pine Nuts, and Brown Butter Sauce
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped thyme leaf
- 3 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 whole snappers, cleaned, scaled and de-boned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound oven-dried tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons chopped basil
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts
- Salt and pepper
Mix marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Stuff the snapper cavity with the marinade ingredients. Tie snapper with kitchen string to keep the ingredients inside of fish. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
Preheat the grill. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Place the snapper on an oiled grill and cook until there are grill marks on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Place on a sheet pan or in a baking dish and roast until the fish is cooked through, about 15 more minutes. Serve snapper with the sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.