Whole Wheat Sandwich Loaf with Flax, Sesame and Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup (0.6 ounces) sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (0.6 ounces) sunflower seed
- 1/4 cup 0.6 ounces flax seeds
- 3 3/4 cups (1 pound plus 1.8 ounces) organic whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon malt
- 1 1/8 s cusp (8.4 ounces) water
- 3/4 cup (3.2 ounces) honey
- 3/4 cup (2.9 ounces) sourdough levain ( starter)
- 1/3 cake compressed yeast
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
Soak sesame, sunflower and flax seeds covered with water overnight. Combine seeds and water with flour, malt, 1 1/8 cups water and honey. Let rest for 10 minutes. Add sourdough levain and yeast. Handknead for about 14 to 18 minutes (machine knead for 12 to 14 minutes). Add salt within the last 4 minutes. Let proof in greased bowl, covered with a damp towel, at 78 degrees, for about 2 1/2 hours or until doubled in volume. Divide dough into 3 greased loaf pans. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for about 50 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Greens, Lemon, and Ginger, Grilled Whole-Wheat Pita Salad with Parsley-Garlic Dressing, Heart-Shaped Whole-Wheat Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce, Heart Healthy Recipes, Bread, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Central American, Latin American, Low-Calorie Recipes