- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped herbs
- 1 1/2 cups fresh crab meat
- 1 peeled, grilled, and diced Granny Smith apple
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 minced ginger
- Apple reduction, recipe follows
- Salal Berry Compote, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and whip until pale yellow. Mix in eggs one at a time. Mix in one half the flour and the baking powder. Add the milk. Mix in the remaining flour. Add herbs, crab, apple, salt, pepper, and ginger. Butter six ramekins and fill each with batter. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Serve with Apple Reduction and Salal Berry Compote.
- 6 cups organic apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 3 teaspoons water
Reduce apple juice to approximately 1/4 cup. Thicken with cornstarch mixed with water, if necessary.
Salal Berry Compote:
- 1 diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 cups salal berries
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add white wine, orange juice, and honey and reduce until almost dry. Add salal berries and cook at medium heat until berries start to break apart. Season with salt and pepper. Add cilantro and cool.