Wild Mushroom Pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds assorted wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions, green parts only
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 heads roasted garlic, cloves removed
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- 1 pound linguine
- 8 medium shrimp, shelled, deveined and chopped
- 3/4 cup celery leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
Melt the butter in a large pan and add the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are brown and tender. Add the scallions and garlic and saute until tender. Add the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then reserve.
In a food processor, add the chicken stock, cream, gruyere, Parmesan, marsala, rosemary, thyme and roasted garlic, and pulse until well combined. Put the mixture in a pot over low heat and cook until the cheese is melted. Add the cream mixture to the mushrooms, season with salt and add the truffle oil.
Cook the pasta to 1 minute shy of al dente. Toss the cooked pasta with the mushroom sauce. Add the shrimp and cook until cooked through. Serve topped with celery leaves and toasted pine nuts.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.