Wild Mushroom Risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wild leeks, diced (domestic leeks may be used)
- 1 cup boletus* (wild mushroom), diced
- 1 cup orange latex milky mushrooms* ( wild mushrooms), diced
- 1/4 cup cream sherry
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3 cups low-fat chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- To taste salt and black pepper
- *(Domesticated mushrooms may be substituted. Your choice, the drier the better)
In a saute pan with the olive oil, sweat the leeks and brown the mushrooms lightly. Add the sherry and reduce. Add the rice and saute for 2 minutes.
In three stages, stir in the chicken stock. Continue to stir during the process of adding the stock. When all the stock is absorbed, taste the rice for doneness. If the rice still has a bite to it, stir in more stock and continue to cook.
Stir in the Parmesan and the parsley. Season and serve.
Recipe courtesy Keith Famie
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse