Winesap Apple Pesto Chicken Salad
- 3 grilled chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup red onion, julienned
- 2 Winesap apples, cored, peeled, quartered, and sliced
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 Bibb lettuce
- 1 endive
On a hot grill, grill chicken breasts until fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until cooled. Once cooled, julienne chicken breasts.
In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, red pepper, red onion, and apples.
In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise and pesto. Combine the chicken and pesto mixtures. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on a bed of Bibb lettuce and endive.
Recipe courtesy of Keith Famie