Baby's First Chicken Curry (Tomato-Poppy Seed Chicken Curry)
- Vegetable oil, for sauteing
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped red onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 chiles de arbol
- 1/2 -inch piece peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (no breasts, they will dry out)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon white poppy seeds,* blended in 1/4 cup milk or bypass the seeds and milk and just use 2 tablespoons yogurt
- *Can be found at specialty Indian markets
- Serving suggestion: Cooked rice.
Add a splash of the tomato juice, too. Stir, bring to a simmer, semi-cover and cook about 20 minutes, until chicken is tender and gravy has thickened.
You should have about 4 or 5 tomatoes in that can.
More Recipes and Ideas:
First Moon Chicken Stir-Fry, Poulet a la Creole (Curried Chicken with Pineapple, Cucumber, and Coconut), Grandmother Paul's Fried Chicken, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Thai Chicken Recipes, Chicken Wing Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.