Baby's First Chicken Curry (Tomato-Poppy Seed Chicken Curry)
- Vegetable oil, for sauteing
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped red onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 chiles de arbol
- 1/2 -inch piece peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (no breasts, they will dry out)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon white poppy seeds,* blended in 1/4 cup milk or bypass the seeds and milk and just use 2 tablespoons yogurt
- *Can be found at specialty Indian markets
- Serving suggestion: Cooked rice.
Add a splash of the tomato juice, too. Stir, bring to a simmer, semi-cover and cook about 20 minutes, until chicken is tender and gravy has thickened.
You should have about 4 or 5 tomatoes in that can.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.