With Leftovers: Spicy Meatball Grinder
- Canola oil, to cook
- 1 large onion, 1/4-inch dice
- 16 -ounce can whole Napoli tomatoes, strained and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle puree (in adobo)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 leftover meatballs
- Soft baguette (hogie)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat parsley, for garnish
In a hot skillet coated lightly with oil, brown the onions. Add the tomatoes, chipotle and season. Add the juice and check for seasoning. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes and reserve warm.
PLATING Split bread in half but not all the way through. Toast then top with sliced meatballs. Liberally top with sauce and garnish with parsley. Serve with homemade potato chips or onion rings.
Drink Recommendation: Shanghai Beer
Copyright 1999, Ming Tsai, All Rights Reserved