Wok Flashed Salt and Pepper Shrimp with Lemon Basmati Rice
- Lemon Basmati Rice:
- 4 scallions, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups basmati rice, washed until water is clear
- 2 large slices ginger
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground white peppercorn
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock, can substitute water
- Wok Flashed Salt and Pepper Shrimp:
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimps (U-15s), deveined, shell on
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ground white peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Szechwan peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon fleur de sel
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 4 scallions, green part only finely chopped, white part reserved
- 1/4 cup canola oil
In a saucepan, saute white parts of the scallions and zest in oil. Add rice and ginger and saute for 3 minutes. Add zest, juice, salt, pepper, and chicken stock, cover and bring to boil. Turn down and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Pull off of heat and let stand for another 25 minutes with cover still on.
Soak shrimp in salty cold water for 20 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
In a large bowl, mix peppercorns, salt, and cornstarch. Dredge shrimp in mixture.
In a very hot wok, add oil and fry the shrimp quickly. Add the green parts of the scallions. Cook until shrimp are pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.