Wolf fish and Littleneck Clams in Almond-Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing the wolf fish
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup sliced Spanish onion
- 12 canned whole, peeled tomatoes, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup capers
- 1/2 cup skinned, whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) center-cut wolf fish fillets
- 12 littleneck clams
- Serving Suggestion: Smashed potatoes
Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until lightly browned. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, capers, almonds, basil, thyme, and sugar and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes. (The sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead.)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Put the almond-tomato sauce in the bottom of an ovenproof casserole dish. Lightly brush wolf fish with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the wolf fish on top of the sauce in the center of the casserole dish, and arrange the clams around the outer edge. Bake uncovered until the wolf fish is cooked through and the clams have opened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with smashed potatoes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.