- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets (3/4 pound)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (or fresh basil) plus 4 to 6 sprigs, for garnish
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 ounces fresh or store-bought angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts*
Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil.
In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil. Over medium-high heat, saute the broccoli florets, stirring as necessary, 2 to 3 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and reserve until needed.
Meanwhile, add a little salt to the pot of boiling water and cook the pasta until it is al dente, about 1 minute for fresh pasta. (Cook packaged pasta according to the directions on the package). Drain the pasta well and add to the reserved broccoli in the saute pan. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
*To toast pine nuts, place the nuts in a small skillet in a single layer. Over low heat, toast until lightly golden, stirring often to prevent burning. This takes 3 or 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.