Wolfgang's Garlic Bread
- 10 to 15 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 small sprig rosemary, leaves stripped and roughly chopped
- 2 medium sage leaves, roughly chopped
- Pinch chili flakes
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf bread
- Grated Parmesan, optional
- Mozzarella cheese, optional
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
In a blender, combine the garlic, basil, rosemary, sage, chili flakes, and a pinch of salt and puree. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
Slice the bread into 1/2-inch thick slices and place on a cookie sheet. Brush with the garlic pesto. Sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella, if desired. Bake on the upper rack until golden brown and bubbly, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Wolfgang Puck, 2004