Wood Oven Roasted Lamb Chops with Red Onion Marmalade and Celery Root Puree
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 8 lamb rib chops, 1 1/4 inch thick, bones frenched
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 celery root, approximately 1 1/2 pounds, peeled and cut into rough chunks
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
Pound garlic, shallot, black peppercorns, lavender, olive oil, and pomegranate molasses in a mortar and pestle to form a rough paste. Rub paste onto lamb chops and allow to rest, covered, at room temperature for 1 1/2 hours or in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Allow meat to return to room temperature before cooking.
Combine onions, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a heavy saute pan and cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until the onions begin to soften. Add vinegars. Cover surface of onions with a disk of parchment paper and cover pan with a tight fitting lid. Reduce heat to very low and allow to cook undisturbed for 1 hour. Check seasoning and keep warm.
Combine celery root and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, partially covered, and simmer until tender, approximately 30 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove celery root from pan and put through the fine disk of a food mill. Beat in the salt, pepper, and olive oil. Use leftover cooking liquid as necessary to adjust consistency. Keep warm.
Final assembly: Scrape excess marinade from the lamb chops and season with sea salt. Roast chops in a wood fired oven or grill over a hot charcoal fire to your desired degree of doneness. Mound 1/4 of the puree in the center of each of 4 warm plates. Lean 2 chops against each mound and put a portion of onion marmalade on the plate near them. Garnish with a few pomegranate seeds.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Coriander Crusted Lamb Chops with Sour Cherry Reduction and Pan Sauteed Purple Artichokes, Roasted Leg of Lamb with Smashed Fingerlings and Zinfandel Gravy, Lamb Chops with Thyme Honey and White Beans, Celery, Roast Beef Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes