World Champion Jambalaya
- 1 smoked chicken (recommended: Bailey's)
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 links Cajun sausage
- 1/2 pounds smoked andouille sausage
- 8 ounces butter
- 2 ounces Creole seasoning
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 diced jalapeno peppers (remove the seed)
- 1 -ounce chopped garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) can spiced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 pound small gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces diced smoked crimini mushrooms
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Debone the chicken and add the meat to a medium bowl. Cover and set aside.
Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chicken bones, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Cut the Cajun and andouille sausage into small pieces. Melt the butter in heavy stock pot over medium-high heat, and saute the sausage until browned.
Add the seasoning, onion, celery, peppers, and garlic and saute until caramelized.
Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Strain the bones from the chicken stock and measure 32 ounces of liquid. Stir the stock and canned tomatoes into the sausage and vegetables and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the chicken, shrimp, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and pasta and stir until well mixed. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.