X-Treme Chocolate Double-Nut Caramel Ladyfinger Torte Recipe courtesy Southern Living Magazine
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 40 min
- 30 min
- 1 hr 5 min
- 5 min
- 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 (3-ounce) packages ladyfingers
- 1 (13-ounce) jar hazelnut spread
- 20 individually wrapped caramel candies
- 2 1/3 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons crème de cacao
- 3 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate baking squares
Microwave chocolate morsels on high for 90 seconds or until melted, stirring at 30 second intervals; cool 5 minutes, and set aside.
Split ladyfingers, and stand halves around edge of a 9-inch springform pan, placing rounded sides against pan; line bottom of pan with remaining halves. Reserve remaining ladyfingers for another use. Spread hazelnut spread evenly over ladyfingers on bottom of pan.
Beat 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar and cream cheese in a medium bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add crème de cacao; beat until blended. Beat in melted morsels until blended.
Beat remaining 2 cups whipping cream in a medium bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff; fold into cream cheese mixture, and spoon evenly over caramel layer in pan.
Shave baking squares with a vegetable peeler evenly on top. Sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. Chill 1 hour before serving.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Southern Living Magazine, Signature Desserts Category Winner, Nestle Toll House Brand Winner: Kathy Specht, Cambria, California