- 1 pound okra pods, each less than 3 inches long
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Wash the okra, trim the stems, but leave on the caps.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the okra and saute, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, thyme, basil, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Dori Sanders