Yellowtail Sashimi with Diced Chiles
- 4 ounces fresh premium yellowtail (belly, if available)*
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 -ounce fresh ginger, finely julienne
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon finely diced green jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon yuzu juice (Japanese citrus)*
- 1 tablespoon ponzu sauce (Japanese citrus vinegar)*
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon wedge, for serving
- Julienned daikon radish, for serving*
- *These items can be found at specialty Japanese stores
Slice the yellowtail very thinly and fan out on a plate.
Brush the minced garlic over the sashimi evenly. Sprinkle the ginger, scallions, and jalapeno evenly over the fish. Drizzle the soy sauce, yuzu, and ponzu evenly over the fish.
Heat a small saucepan over high heat. Carefully add the olive oil to the extremely hot pan and heat until it just begins to smoke, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and carefully pour over the fish. The hot oil will sear the outside of the fish.
Garnish with a lemon wedge and julienned daikon.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.